Thursday, June 3, 2010

Make my week-end.

I used to work a minimum of 58 hours a week. I still had time to hunt, fish, boat, shoot, and all other manly enjoyments. What the hell happened. Seems since I retired I don't have time for breathing. So some self evaluation seems to be order. When working there was always a few hours to go down to the dock, and drop a line. So now I get to the dock at 7am, and find my way home at 9 or 10. I used to maybe spend a few hours on a Sunday afternoon reloading. This past weekend I spent two days reloading 4,000 38's. I used to read the Blogs during my lunch hour, now I can be found on the computer for 8 hours and not realize where the time went. Now mind you I know there are plenty of folks out there that would trade me places, but I have a lot of things not getting done.

The vette, truck, and MH needs to be washed and waxed. The storage unit needs to be emptied. The preps need to be moved. Who am I kidding....that sounds like work.

So it's time to allocate time for all projects. Make a list of things according to their importance.
That's the way I used to work.

But this weekend is the Tampa gun show. OK maybe I'll start with the list Monday. Wonder what item will yell "Take Me Home".

See Ya.

5 comments:

doubletrouble said...

Same problem here.

Prioritize all your tasks, then... oh look, a FUN thing to do...

The bane of free time?

HermitJim said...

some folks just don't know how busy we retired folks are!

So much to do, so little time!

Sure as heck beats working on "non-fun" stuff, doesn't it?

SciFiChick said...

If it screams out your first name you know it wants to come home with ya! Have a great weekend. That dirt will still be there on Monday

Mayberry said...

How I wish I had your delimma! My 'puter time and chores keep getting interrupted by work. They sure do try to send me home tired too....

Ken said...

...just doit like ya used too,chores and stores mon thru fri/thurs...play on the short/long weekends...

me,i'm suckin'up all the hours i can get,no work Sundays at the moment,so that's cool,trying to 'prep' like hell on one day sucks...