Thursday, June 24, 2010

Life is not fair & nobody promised you a rose garden.

Time sometimes stands still, and other times flies faster than a 727. The best laid plans of mice and men crash and burn. You wonder what and where your life is going. The years have come and gone like the winds.

I've always tried to play fair in both my business dealing's and my personal dealings. I have made mistakes and always paid for them in full. But the lousy brief case carrying Sobs learned that you can steal more money with a brief case than you can with a gun. Buy a piece of land with the mineral rights, and then find out that the insurance company who insured those rights did not know they were only the right to lease those rights, and is now out of business. The survey was incorrect, and never up-dated but insured by the same company. The warranty deed was phony as a three dollar bill, and the lawyer I hired just so happened to work for the seller's. So for the last 16 days I have been in another state seeking justice.

My dad never finished high school, having to quit in the 7Th grade to work to help the family. His generation had a lot of that. His generation had a lot of strength, honesty, and a good helping of common sense. He said you have to due what is right, and right a wrong. Times sure have changed. My dad would probably have beat the crooked lawyer until he had his money.

I thought about that, but at age 69 I think experience says that is not an option. However the old saying don't mess with a senior citizen has merit. This morning scumbag lawyer and I had a small conversation out in the woods. He decided life was worth living, and I high tailed out of state with all my money. Life ain't fair, and nobody promised me a rose garden, but I did promise that no good scumbag lawyer one he could live in. My dad would be proud.

Was I right? Damn straight I was. It's time to take this country back. Would I do it again-YES.

Advice? Check, Check, and Check and Check again when dealing for vacant land in another state. Find an honest(yes there are some) lawyer, cross every t, and dot every i. I learned a lot, and took a hell of a chance to make it right, but then that's what senior citizens that don't give a shit can do.

I'm tired, pissed off, and disappointed, but I'll get over it.

See Ya.

11 comments:

Grace. said...

Arrgh!

I'm glad you got your money back, but now you have the joy (NOT) of continuing the search, right?

I suppose you now have a list of additional questions to ask when you find your next "perfect" property?

Good luck, and count yourself lucky that you found out before you'd invested in improvements. I hope the lawyer is counting himself lucky that he still has his head!

YeOldFurt said...

LOL. GOOD JOB!!!!
I'm being real quiet at this point, but it's like the Sicilians say about cold and sweet.
YeOldFurt

SciFiChick said...

Tony, dang man that sucks. I'm glad you were able to cut your loss. I guess we all live and learn from one another. You just taught me a valuable lesson. Take care...

Mayberry said...

What a crock... Just goes to show ya that there's always someone out to screw ya at every turn. Glad you set that cockroach straight and escaped with your money, too many enjoy neither...

Lawyer said...

Good for you! Glad you got your money back. There are good, honest lawyers out there. I pray the next one you meet is a good one.

Sandcastle Momma said...

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when you were talking to that lawyer LOL
Glad it worked out for you and hope you don't run into problems like that again.
Shakespear was right when he said "First, shoot all of the lawyers"

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Funny how a refresher course in the law of survival will overcome years of finding loopholes and obfuscation.

HermitJim said...

I'm glad you made it back safely and with your refund!

Sorry to hear about the land falling through, though! Maybe the next find will lend better results for you!

Good luck in the future, buddy!

Ken said...

...sadly,another life lesson...good ya got out of it,fortunately there still are good folks out there..."unfortunately" ya got to look long and hard to find'em nowadays...

Ryan said...

Sorry to hear about that whole thing. Please avoid that state for awhile. Most things will blow over in a few months.

Borepatch said...

You know, I'll bet your dad had some knowledge of slick talking, briefcase totin' scum like that.

But it sure looks like looting has been institutionalized.