Monday, June 7, 2010

Gun Show

Well Saturday and Sunday was the first gun show of June. This is always a good show. As usual there was a hundred black guns to one regular gun. But there was also a lot of decent buys. Smith & Wesson A22 semi-auto for $199.00. Lot of gun for the money, and accurate to. Unfortunately I already own one. Ruger 10/22's were also cheap. Ammo was plentiful, some decent prices. I found a good buy on my 45LC-$30.00 for 50 rounds. I can re-load them, but I'm short on brass right now so I buy new to shoot, and then will have the brass. Bought some more mags for the .223, and a speed loader, plus the 100 round drum. Gonna have to do a test with that 100 round drum to make sure it works right.

Was up at o-dark thirty this morning for a trip down to my son's for some shoot-um up. Had a great time. It's been some time since the 1100 has been out of the safe. The first 50 rounds the clays were laughing at me. I know the shotgun shoots better than I do, but it was embarrassing. Settled down and things got better. But taking 50 rounds to get back in the groove? Of course son enjoyed whipping my butt. He'll pay for that when we shoot the revolvers, and the 1911's. Had a great day. Need to do that more often.

Long day. Time for a shower, and dinner.

See Ya.

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Sounds like fun!

HermitJim said...

Nothing like some quality time...both on the range and with the son!

Mayberry said...

I wanted to go shooting so bad this evening, but everybody but me here is sick. That sure seems to happen a lot. I rarely get sick (knock on wood). I'm beginning to wonder if it's just girls being whimps, because it's always "my stomache hurts". I get indigestion, heartburn... Just work through it. It's not debilitating, just an annoyance!

Ken said...

...good update,gonna get to drop some hammers this coming weekend,can't wait...wasn't gonna take the 870s,until i read yer post,might as well get'em all warmed up...