Friday, March 12, 2010

Warmer weather and more rain.

Warmer weather finally headed our way. Makes my bones happy. Even rain does not hamper my spirits today. Spent four hours at the range, came home(actually home went back to the woods) and cleaned four weapons. My little RV always gets a lot of attention at the range. Everything from cool to do you really LIVE in that thing. I always smile when I tell them it has everything their house has except it moves. Eight months now, and I enjoy it more each day. Sometimes I do wish I would have bought one in 4 x 4, so I could go deeper in the woods. For those times I just grab the BOB and take a hike. I think it would be real easy to become a hermit



Gardening season is almost here. I'm going to try container gardening this year. I have one of those removable extensions for the back of the van to carry extra gear like coolers, gas cans etc. Should hold a few five gallon buckets. Be fun to see people's looks to see greenery growing off the back end. lol The things one thinks about during the rain.



The rain does have an advantage-Lets one get some reading time in. Also lets one think what to do with the rest of your life. No rants today. I'm just enjoying my day of Freedom.



See Ya

7 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

It sounds like a nice day.

Diogenes said...

You have to take a break from the rants now and again. Good for the soul.


Enjoy the weather. I know I am.

Mayberry said...

We got warmer weather, no rain. Beautiful clear blus skies... But we had more than our share of rain the last few months. TAG! You're it...

Ken said...

...for us it was perfect yesterday,shorts and no shirt,sucked up some life giving rays...rain today,cold and wet right now but skies are clear...i'm sick of the dern rain,and the cold,only thing left to do is read...besides,i think ya retain more readin' when it rains...

Sandcastle Momma said...

I'm actually starting to believe that spring will come. I was having serious doubts for a while but it's been really nice here and I now have hope for warm weather!
I think a container garden is a great idea! Fresh veggies taste so good and will help your stockpile last longer too.

cocked and loaded said...

We got warmer weather too, along
with lots of rain.

Northwoods said...

Had rain an temps in the upper thirtys this week in our neck of the woods.
It's really knocked down the 2ft base of snow we had.
I can just barely see the outline of my garden plot now.
I'm not gonna kid myself though..no doubt my driveway will be seeing my snow plow again before that garden gets a plowing!
Gezz My Road..thanks for given' me false hopes like that!
Nice little break from the "cabin fever" though...