Thursday, March 11, 2010

Did The World Go Crazy While I Was In The Woods?

One thing about being in the woods is the peace and solitude I enjoy so much. No TV, no phone, no computer. Wrapped in a blanket of nature, watching squirrels play, listening to the frogs and insects during the night. Hearing that bass break the surface gulping down his breakfast just at daybreak. The evening fire. Each new fire with a different smell, and each blade of fire with a different view. I think I was born 50 years to late. The world moves to fast today. To many people are wage slaves looking for the weekend or that one week of vacation. Did one ever think what freedom you gave up to buy that big screen. As I look over my little pond the view changes by the minute. The wind gently painting an ever changing scene.

Then shitty reality when I come to the city. The news is all gloom and doom. Somebody gets killed every so many seconds. But to get the real info one has to go to the net. I never heard on the news that tanks are now on our streets, the education systems need combat shotguns, and now they tell me they are going to stop me from fishing? WTF? I had to read this on several blogs. Tell me I have come back to another world. What F..king Idiot thinks he can do that? You don't have enough cops, army personal, tree hugger, or dumb F..ks to stop me from fishing. Just try it! I eat fresh fish at least 3 days a week. I obey even the dumb size limits, buy my tax permission to eat what nature provides, and have done so all my life. I only take what I need to eat. This time I think the king has gone to far. You are not getting my guns, nor my fishing rods. So does this mean I have to pack a hog leg to go fishing now? I can do that, and if you wish to stop me remember my little pond is DEEP in the woods. A green shirt tree hugger may not find there way out. Just saying....

See Ya

8 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

I see they got your attention.

Borepatch said...

Did the world go crazy when I was in the woods?

Is this some sort of trick question? ;-)

Mayberry said...

Recreational fishing is a multi BILLION dollar business. I don't think this will go through. If it does, come to Texas! It wouldn't be the first time we told national fisheries to kiss off.....

Shy Wolf said...

Ummm, Tony- you should ALWAYS be packing heat, anyway. If the Dark Lord doesn't take your rod and reel, you can bet some of those he's taken jobs, homes, food and freedom from are sure going to try taking the fish you catch.
(Just a 'heads up', my Friend! :D )
Shy III

Northwoods said...

I'm with Shy on this.
Why would you go anywhere unarmed?
As Washington keeps taking our God given rights, much less their shiting on the Bill of Rights?
I think we should say to those who would enforce the devils will.."I see you are armed..well so am I..So draw or get the hell out of here"!!
(Yes folks It Is coming down to that)!!
Brother, you fish wherever you want and shoot the first SOB that says you can't!
God gave you that right not some ass clown in Washington...

Ken said...

...yep,and gettin' worse by the minute,and this is just the beginning...head back to the sticks Brother,and keep fishin'...


...and to mirror the others,Please go armed...Godbless

HermitJim said...

You can add my ditto to that, buddy!

Did it MY way said...

Thanks guys. I always carry period. My thought was a larger piece on a leg holster. Like my 30 caliber auto-mag.

When someone tries taking my fish they will end up sleeping with the fish or cut up for bait. Same goes for my guns or preps.

See Ya.