Friday, February 5, 2010

Rain, Rain, Rain

Well I'm holed up inside again. This winter sure seems a lot wetter than usual. Yes I am tired of it. Yes it could bring a bout of cabin fever. So far a good book, and the pot of coffee has worked. I could put on the foul weather gear, and take a walk. I prefer playing in the rain with just a bathing suit and much higher temperatures.

On the bright side my daughter and son-in-law did go camping this weekend. Only 65 miles north of Clearwater. SIL called me just a minute ago very excited. Seems there are lots available in the area. He talked to one owner that has three acres, and houses on all four sides of his propriety. He SHOOTS on his land often. One of his neighbors is a deputy sheriff. Seems not to be a problem. More investigation is required. When they return SIL and I will be making the trip. I would head up there now, but I'm baby setting their dog. Besides the current weather makes walking the land miserable, and I will check out every square inch of what I buy. I guess that area has lots of foreclosed proprieties. We will see. All I want is enough land to hide my van on, and to shoot when I want to. I have checked out 40 acre parcels in Texas. Kids would go nuts if I moved to Texas, but if I had land there I could go visit myself for a month or so. Maybe stop and see Mayberry. Time will tell. When it happens the time will be right.

See Ya

8 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Good luck with the land search. I miss the farm on which I used to shoot back in the Midwest .. but there's a range only 2 miles from place here in Alaska. Better than nothing, & I have an annual membership.

YeOldFurt said...

I hope it turns out OK. I've had 40 acres and it's a lot of work. The current 11 acres out in the sticks works nice.
Good luck and keep us posted.
YeOldFurt

HermitJim said...

Sounds like a plan to me, my friend. It would be great if you could get some land close to the kids, but in the long run...it is you that will be living there.

Gotta go where the heart tells ya, Tony!

Just my two cents...!

The Hermit said...

I like Texas a lot. New Mexico is great too. Eastern Oregon, in the high desert country, is really nice. You might want to go out there with your rig and camp in the three gorges area. 50 miles off the road, nobody there, just the river, and the mountains. I saw the most impressive thunderstorm of my life out there one night.

theotherryan said...

Good luck on the land thing. Seems like a good backstop is the main concern for anything but shotguns. A big pile of rubble or a gravel pit or the like is the only real alternative to a huge impact area.

Paladin said...

Sounds promising! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Ken said...

...good luck Brother,i get good vibes...on one hand you'll get to see how it holds water...was told many moons ago,"never buy land till ya see it in the wet season"...

Mayberry said...

Swing on by anytime, we'll go soak some hooks...