Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Florida Vacant Land

Is there any vacant land in Florida that a man can buy cheap, and shoot on? My "Little One" only needs a parking space. I want to be able to set out side with a cup of coffee, and watch the sun rise. Then whip out a Colt revolver and shoot some targets down range. Seems like a simple request. Maybe not to be in Florida.

Spent the last three days in the Ocala area looking for my dream parcel. Found one with eleven acres. Affordable. No shooting allowed. %*@^&* . The rest that I found was WAY beyond my price range. If I had 1.2 million for land I would be able to make my own rules. lol

I did have my morning coffee, no sun, the rain was beating down on my roof like jack hammers trying to get in.

Guess I'll go to the range today for some re-coil therapy. Still wish I could shoot some long guns.

See Ya.

8 comments:

Nicolezmomma said...

Check out Levy County. There is lots of land available - some forclosure.

The Hermit said...

I don't think there is much cheap land in Florida anymore. I can remember as a kid, though, my family had a little farm out near Istachatta, nothing but cattle out there then. There's lots of cheap land in South Georgia but it is all big rattlesnakes, mosquitoes, hot and humid.

Mayberry said...

No shooting on 11 acres? WTF?!! You REALLY need to come to Texas...

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Do ya ever visit MLS.com Tony?

Sandcastle Momma said...

No shooting on your own 11 acres?
I know your family want you close to them but it sounds like you'd do better finding what you want up here in the panhandle, Georgia or south Alabama.

The Hermit said...

I know a fellow from down your way who just bought some land in TN. His goals and yours are similar. He said I could send you his email address if you think he could be of any help finding what you are looking for.

HermitJim said...

Dang, Buddy! Sounds like this hunt is turning into a witch hunt, doesn't it?

I can't imagine not being able to shoot on your own 11 acres...sounds rediculous to me.

Good luck with the search, buddy!

Ken said...

...Mississippi land's available...gunfriendly,good fishin' and huntin'...Godfearin'folk for the most part too...