Monday, January 11, 2010

Nine Days of Record Cold

I know by now people are tired of hearing about our cold weather. Us wimps are used to heat, sunshine, warm waters, shorts, and bare feet. How cold has it been? Well several Northern visitors on the news last night said they were cutting their vacations short and going home. They call us wimps? Ha Ha

On a more serious note this weather should teach us a lesson. Like the boy scouts...be prepared. This is like the hurricane season in reverse....space heaters are gone...sweaters, and warm coats hard to find. Some houses in Florida still have no heat, and never did. House fire's increase when weather stays this cold. Death's due to carbon dioxide increase. Keep an eye on your senior neighbor's.

My Michigan blood must be coming back, today does not feel cold, just brisk, maybe my brain is frozen. Just saying we as humans can adjust to any situations with the right tools and proper planning. So once I get the proper tools(plane ticket to Cayman Islands) and plan to stay there until Florida hits 70 degrees at night I will have adjusted to the situation.

See Ya

2 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Hubby and I were just talking about this. We have everything we need for a hurricane but not much for cold weather problems. Thank God the house is heated but if we didn't have heat we wouldn't have enough blankets.
I'll be making blankets all summer now and hoping we never have to use them.

Mayberry said...

Stay warm. Hope the van don't use too much propane, I heard my folks whine about changing the bottle out every couple days in their 5th wheel...