Sunday, January 3, 2010

Land Hunting

Spent the day on line checking for vacant Florida land. Found a few that look promising, but may be priced out of my reach. I'll keep looking.

Added a few knives to the prep bag. Like guns I figure you can't have to many. A 15" knife is pretty close to a small machete. Does feel good on the leg. When in the woods I carry one on each hip. Never know when one or the other would become inaccessible.

Camera broke today. Need to have it repaired. I just carry a small Sony pocket camera in the woods.

Keep prepping, and lets get back to the times when we helped each other. Not the dead beats -the guys that lost their jobs. We need to start sticking together or we may not survive either.

See Ya

5 comments:

The Hermit said...

You should think of coming up here. Since 2008, there's more land for sale than you can shake a stick at.Our local bank has so many bad loans secured by land they are virtually giving it away.

Sunfighter said...

What man can't walk past a knife display case and do an abrupt stop and then take a good look see. I swear it's in the genes...

Did it MY way said...

The Hermit;
I lived in Michigan for the first 41 years....thelast 28 in Florida. I think one of the best places for survival will be in the northern half. I just don't like cold any more.

Did it MY way said...

Sunfighter;
A good dog, gun, and knife, does make a man happy. I agree it's in the genes.

The Hermit said...

DIMW, I've been giving some thought to moving myself. If I have trouble with getting everything done in low temps now that I am 57, what will I do in ten years, or twenty?