Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The More I See People The More I Like The Woods

I really hate coming out of the woods . If is was not for my kids I would not have to.

I may be old...But I like saying "Merry Christmas".

When I had a house I never cared if my neighbor's grass was three inches taller than mine. Or he had a car on blocks. Maybe his lawn mower was broke, and the car to, and maybe him to. I'd ask if he needed some help, and if he said no that was fine. He must be happy as is. Unless it's a health hazard it's his property. Oh shit...I forgot about property values. How are they now folks?

I read a lot of survival blogs (my kind of people)...Hate when some of my favorite's just disappear with out warning. What happened to them?

A friend that was down from Michigan, and I suggested a trip to the range. Opened the safe and asked him what he would like to shoot. His reply was "What the hell do you need so many for?" My reply...I have a limit?

Went to Radio Shack for some red dot batteries......Same shit. They wanted more info than the IRS...Folks all I want is to buy batteries not give you my life story. They did not get the info.

My girl friend lives in a 55 plus community. More shit....The condo commando's know my truck, and me. The last time I visited her I had not turned the motor off before one of them was at my door reminding me to put my visitor pass on the dashboard. I said forget it. Love to piss them off. Half of them don't even know their neighbor, but let a strange vechile show up?

Maybe I'm getting grouchy in my old age. I always believed in giving my customers something alittle extra and asking my neighbors if they needed help. Now I feel like I just want to be left alone, and I don't like that feeling. A man needs to work, and be part of a community. I can't bring back the 50's as I well know. But I'm damn sure going to start looking for new friends that still think the way I do. I do know the net has a lot of people that still think like I do....Think I'll start looking for some in Florida.

See Ya

10 comments:

Diogenes said...

You are not alone. Believe me, I may not have grown up in the 50's but I did grow up during the Reagan era and I know what you are talking about. Do for yourself, help others, Respect others choices, and want to be left alone with your choices.

Keep your head up. There may be a Galt's Gulch yet where others like us will congregate so that we can all settle down to what we know is right.

YeOldFurt said...

There's still alot of us around that believe like that. Getting long in the tooth but from time to time I meet a younger one that still has those same beliefs. The "busy-bodies" need a good punch in the nose for sticking it in other peoples business unasked.
YeOldFurt

Mayberry said...

I sure do wish us like minded folks could just take over a town (I'd hope there are enough for a whole state!) or something so that we could live in peace. I'm tired of the prissy, snooty types and all their stupid rules, and tired of the complete scumbags that have nothing better to do than destroy other people's stuff and disturb their peace...

Sandcastle Momma said...

The "normal, mainstream people" don't like anyone who's different. I guess we scare them because we think for ourselves and don't follow the rest of the sheep.
Sometimes I think I'd love to take my family, go into the woods and never come out. Sad but true.

Bullseye said...

I love what Mayberry said. Wish we could all get together and live in peace. We woule be well armed if anyone wanted to break that peace too.. LOL We think alike brother. There are some out there like us, just hard to find them.

Borepatch said...

We bought a bit of land in Carolina, thinking we might build a small retirement house in a few years.

Turns out that there are all sorts of "neighborhood covenants" about what you can (and can't) build.

I'm thinking that there are people who like that sort of bull, so we'll sell it to them and get some land where we could do what we want.

Not sayin' that I want to paint my front door purple. But I sure as heck don't care for the Neighborhood Nazis telling me I can't ...

Northwoods said...

You'd be welcome in my neck of the woods anytime.
You could even Park anywhere Ya want just as long as it's not down range.

Sunfighter said...

I agree, the more I see of the woods, the better. People I don't much care about, most ain't worth much anyhow these days...

Shy Wolf said...

Just gotta love a few acres in a people-free zone. Best feeling in the world is stepping out front door and pissing off the porch, not worrying about who the hell is gonna see and what they'll say, let alone who they'll tell or what they'll do!
Wishing you the very best there is, DidIt. I pray you find what you're looking for.
(Oh, yes- I DO step out and piss when I feel like it. And so do the neighbors when they come a-callin'! DON'T eat yellow snow!)
Shy III

Grace. said...

It's funny, because, politically, I'm probably as far from you as one can get. But I so agree about HOA's and covenants, and all that stuff. I came from a small town where a gorgeous, well-maintained home might be next to a shanty. No one cared. Chickens in the yard? No one cared. Pick-up or RV in the driveway? No one cared. My current inner-city urban neighborhood is the same way. When my neighbor's grass got high, the guy across the street offered to mow it, but didn't because the hippie couple was trying to establish wildflowers. It took a year but they have a great looking, free-style yard now. I want diversity in my neighborhood, not a bunch of rules (unless there are vital health and safety concerns. Esthetics? Not so much!)