Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The safe is safe

Up at o dark thirty. First stop for food and more important a couple of gallons of leaded caffeine to help open the eyes. I usually enjoy early starts, but not when I did not get to bed until 2am.
But sometimes a good book is hard to put down.

140 miles later the safe is loaded on the trailer, tied down, and ready to leave for it's new home. Three hours later we were parked in front of the garage. I asked where it was going, and to my surprise my son-in-law said "In the spare bedroom". Ya right. Down a two turn hallway,thru the door, and a 90 degree turn to the closet. Add to the fact the carpet. OK time to think. I have moved 8000 pound machinery with 1/2" dia steel bars and a crow bar on concrete with no problems. Going into the garage found two pieces of 3/4" plywood, which will protect the carpet. Sometimes I show sparks of genius. Ha this is one of those times. I have four steel plates with wheels on all four corners that car tires fit in for moving cars in close quarters. By leaning back the safe two was placed under it...repeat for the front, and voila safe on wheels. Laying down the plywood, and roll the safe as needed. One hour job is done, and it's Pizza and beer time.

So the safe is in it's new home, and partially filled. Now son-in-law needs to save his money to fill the empty spots. lol

See ya

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Brilliant! Sounds like that safe had potential for living in the garage too - good job on getting it to it's new home.

theotherryan said...

Very nice. As soon as we move back to the states a nice big heavy 36 (or so) gun safe is going to come to my home.

HermitJim said...

Good thinking on your part, buddy! I guess it's true...with age, comes wisdom! (at least in some cases!)