Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Retirement the other type of work

Retirement is hard work. Ya I hear all of you that would trade places with me. Keep working you'll get there.

Up at 6am this morning. Washed and waxed the truck, and started to do the same with the MH when I received a call from son-in-law who had the day off. He wanted to go look at a gun safe some guy had for sale. Let me see...go look at a gun safe, or work on the MH? The gun safe now has to be picked up.....that's for tomorrow. See my work is never done. It's now 6pm and time for dinner. After dinner 20 mags to fill for Thursday range day. Always something.

I do try to read my favorite blogs everyday. They are my new found friends, and I enjoy all of them. What hurts when some just disappear....no reasons found. I feel like a death has happened when that occurs. Some are kind enough to state a reason and for that I am grateful.

I am not the best writer, so my posts are sporadic at best. Perhaps as retirement continues I'll have the time to post more of my travels. Right now I'm just adjusting.

See Ya

6 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

I definitely think retirement work sounds like more fun than non-retirement work LOL
My BIL recently bought an old gun safe but when he got it home it was too big to fit through his door so now it lives in the garage - which is not where he wanted it. Bad for him but good for those of us who like to tease him.

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

I read your blog all the time too Tony. Gotta know what Tony's up to, even if I don't comment all the time. Sometimes I just don't have anything intelligent to say, so I just keep it quiet, but I do enjoy reading about your adventures.

Mayberry said...

I'll trade ya, you poor fella! You can have my 2-11 shifts this week, and I'll wax the RV and go empty those mags for ya! Sounds good to me....

Did it MY way said...

Sandcastle Momma:
Son-in-law was smarter..measured first.

Frugal Canadian Hermit:
Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy reading your's as well. Your plan is way ahead of me.

Mayberry:
I did not say I want to "work for the man". I only work for myself. Plus I can change what I'm doing in a heart beat. Never liked working those 2-11 shifts, that sucks.If you are ever in my area I'll let you shoot my toys....but you LOAD the mags.

See Ya

Mayberry said...

I knew that, was being sarcastic ; )

Grace. said...

I SO agree about disappearing bloggers. When they make me god (should be happening any day now!), I will require explanations before anyone is allowed to leave the blogosphere.