Thursday, October 29, 2009

Quit Complaining and do something about it

Complaining about how the big bad banks are ripping you off? I'm really tired about hearing how stupid you are. Especially about all you GOOD customers. Pay your bill in full each month, never late with a payment, never had a over-limit. Think you are clever doing this. That will fix them...no money made off me. Sorry to bust your bubble, but the stores that take your credit card have to pay the card for that privilege. If you carry a balance then both of you pay.
Strictly business folks. Yes I use credit cards, and pay them off every month. The first card that tries to charge me a fee goes to the shredder, and card gets cancelled. I'm not above getting an interest free loan for thirty days while my money makes interest. Their system, not mine.

I'll let you in on another secret. When paying in cash ask for a 3-5 percent discount. A lot of gas stations offer discounts for cash. That tell you anything? The seller don't like credit cards either, but as long as dumb people use them he needs to accept them or his competitor will.

Ever think prices could go down if credit cards disappeared? Novel thought?

A certain percentage of people always seem to think they are being picked on, or need something handed to them. Bullshit, this is America the land of opportunely. No body owes you a thing. I've worked for a dollar an hour, and I've worked for two hundred dollars an hour...my CHOICE.

Cash works two ways: When you spend it to buy something you now own it free and clear. The second: When your wallet is empty you can't buy more. Think about it.

Sorry about the rant...back to credit cards. Simply quit complaining about the charges, eat them and live with it, or DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

See Ya

8 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

We got rid of all of our credit cards 5 years ago except for 1. We never use it but have it in case we ever need it for an emergency.
Everything we buy is bought with cash - cars included. The only real debt we have is our house and we've never put another mortgage on it so it will actually be paid off one day.

I had no idea gas stations would give you a percentage off! I'm going to try that tomorrow.

HermitJim said...

I pretty much use all cash! I do have a debit card, but only because of the chances of robbery here in the city!

I keep just a small amount of cash in my wallet...just all ones to look good, just in case.

Good advice, my friend!

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Thats pretty much the way I operate too Tony. I have always had credit cards, but very seldom use them. The odd internet purchase or sometimes when the debit card decides not to work anymore, but other than that I really have no need for them.

TEAM HALL said...

Yeah, the credit companies hate us too - never let them have a nickel of our money and use theirs for 30 days...makes me giggle every month!
Have a good one,
Cath

YeOldFurt said...

Good post.
My 2nd ex taught me a lesson about credit & cash that I'll never forget.
YeOldFurt

Morrison said...

I stopped using credit in 2001. Haven't once looked back. If I don't have the cash, I'm not buying. I've learned to be patient. Nice virtue.

theotherryan said...

I use debit cards for most transactions. As for credit cards we have two (one in each of our names) and use them predominantly for travel. To the best I can recall we have never paid a dime in interest on them.

Wrote a post a lot like this about a month back. Tired of folks whining about how an adjustable rate adjusts up.

Mayberry said...

I haven't had a credit card since 2003, and I'll never have one again either. Like ya said, cash is king, and the ultimate "budgeting tool". No more money, no more spendee. Some of those trained apes on Crapitol Hill could learn something from that. Gee, might even fix our financial problems while they're at it. But no profit for their banker masters....