Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Family Tradition-Willing to Dis-agree



How in the hell do I delete pictures uploaded by mistake? Help.


My number one son loves Glocks. He now has three. My number two son(actually son-law but son #2) sucks up to me because I have always been a 1911 man.






Our favorite gun store favors Glocks, although they never have trouble selling me another high end 1911. lol






Tomorrow the three of us are headed to the range Willing to Dis-agree. Number one son will be shooting Glocks, and number two son will be shooting my 1911's. And me....he he will be shooting all of them.






Again I have never been against change or not willing to try something new, so I have added a Glock 30sf to the safe. Two reasons-if I like it could be a nice summer carry here in Florida. Current carry is: Springfield Armory V10 Ultra Compact. For general target plinking we will use the Springfield Armory NM Trophy Match.






3000 rounds are in the ammo box. Glad I have two young fellows as ammo carriers. You know how heavy 3000 rounds of 45 is?






One thing does piss me off right from the word go. Glock's manual says I cannot shoot re-loads . To do so may damage the gun, and void the warranty. WTF All my good old American guns shoots what ever I put thru them. You can bet your ass this Glock will to, or my number one son gets another Christmas present. I have not discussed this with him yet. I know he has been reloading since he was 16, and I doubt he would buy factory ammo just for his three Glocks. He did tell me not to shoot lead thru a Glock. Pussy gun. I'll give it the hardball, and save the lead for the wheel guns-they love to eat anything.






So we will see what tomorrow brings at the range. I promise an honest unbiased report. He He






See Ya

4 comments:

HermitJim said...

Sounds like you have the makings of your own small private army! Bet no one will mess with you tomorrow!

Good shooting, buddy!

theotherryan said...

Seems like a darn nice collection of pistols. I am a .38/.357mag revolver and Glock 9mm guy but do own a 1911. A stainless commander sized 1911 needs to join its full sized parkerized brother in my collection.

I have heard that about Glocks and reloads also but haven't seen any proof it is true. If the fact that mine have fed wolf flawlessly is any indicator they would feed a properly sized rock stuffed into a cartridge with a fire cracker for powder. Odds are that the company just put that as a disclaimer.

God luck at the range.

Did it MY way said...

Hi Jim;

Could not ask for two better men to watch my back. It's nice to have my army.

Thanks for stopping by.

theotherrryan;

I agree the company is just covering their own ass. Some of my semi-auto's are picky with factory ammo. However all of them have been tuned for my reloads.

But my personal favorite's are still my wheel guns.

Nice to see ya.

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

I found the way to delete or move pictures around, on my blog is to click on them. When the little squares come up all around the picture, and then click 'delete', or move them.
Works for me. I hope it does for you. Happy Trails, Penny, TX