Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Quick Up Date

Very short of time. Need 31 hours in each day. All things coming together at same time.

That should be a good thing.

Garage was put up in less than 6 hours. Garage door will be installed 8/10/09. Corvette now has a new home.

I finally gave in and joined the 20Th century-I now have my first cell phone, so my kids can keep track of their feeble old man. The past cell phone was for the company, and I only used it to make outgoing calls, so they could never reach me on that one. Ha Ha.

Shop for all practical reasons is shut down. The auction men were in today and spread out everything and posted lot numbers on everything, so no more machines running. Boring.
Just here now for 8 hours a day to answer phone calls.

Pictures of garage construction will be posted later. No pics of shop, or the auction will be taken. I'll keep the memories of a full operating shop instead-happy days make better memories.

See Ya

3 comments:

YeOldFurt said...

Do you have any pics of the shop when it was active? Maybe you can tell us of what was going on when the pic was taken, ie: big job doing whatever. Sometimes, I wish I'd been a machinist. Dabbled with it a couple of times.
YeOldFurt

HermitJim said...

Looks like the ending of one chapter and the start of another!

Glad the vet has her new home...!

It's all coming together for ya, Tony! Happy to hear it!

Grace. said...

Ah, technology! All my adult kids have phones that take pictures, send e-mail, sing, dance and make the morning coffee. Me? I'm still getting used to my pre-paid Tracfone.

I'm getting exhausted just reading your schedule--bet you're looking forward to the 12th!