Thursday, August 20, 2009

No TV

Four days without TV. What a pleasure it has been. Turn yours off just for a day, and feel the joy. The silence is golden. Lack of knowledge from the government? Didn't need it. Commercials? Only for idiots? Don't need them. The radio is for country music. Now if I can only get rid of the commercials.

Being free from being a wage slave is the nicest gift I could have ever received. Should have done it years ago. Work to live, not live to work. Do you really need that big flat screen TV, the five bedroom house, four bathrooms, that new SUV every two years? My current "House" is 20' long, and 8' wide. Has a king size bed,bath & shower,fridge,stove,micro-wave,ac, it's own power plant for electricity, and the best part it moves anytime I want it to. In the last four days I have lived in Naples, and Clear water. Tomorrow it will be North port(very nice gun range there) After the range time perhaps bass fishing. This because I am debt free.

People I beg of you-shed the past life of spending more than you make. Tear up the credit cards and return to cash only. Cash is king. If you don't have it you can't spend it. Big item-save for it. I took a 38k lose on the condo, pennies on the shop auction. I was able to do this because I OWNED everything free and clear. Regrets? Not a one. Down size to a smaller house, buy a used car, learn to grow some of your own food, plan for the time you can get along on the minimum amount of cash to live a good life. The time you have free for yourself will be priceless. Just think about getting up on your natural rhythm(not by an alarm clock). Eating when you feel hungry, being able to devote your time to just what you want to do. I could gone on and on but I think you get the idea. Yes I know my new lifestyle is not for every one-but it works for me.

See Ya

6 comments:

HermitJim said...

I think that's the only way to live, my friend! More power to ya...!

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

I'm happy for ya Tony, it sounds like all is real well.

TEAM HALL said...

It sounds heavenly!! Good for you!
btw, my word verification was "blessing". How do yah like that? lol
Cath

Grace. said...

I generally agree with you. But nix on the guns and gimme back at least one small TV set--how else am I going to watch "Project Runway" and "CSI?"

Brigid said...

Good for you. I'm doing it in steps. I got rid of the giant McMansion that took all my money. Now, a modest home and a bit of land, which I lease to a farmer for his cows. The house upkeep is some work for one person, but it will tide me til I retire. Then, a small cabin out on the land, away from everything, everything paid for, and in cash. Getting there slowly,

But I LIKE to work, at least what I do, for now. Ask me again in 10 years. As we grow and change, so do our priorities. Glad you've found yours.

Did it MY way said...

Hermit Jim:

Your time is comming friend.

Frugal Canadian Hermit:

Getting bettr each day.

Team Hall:

I'll gladly take the "blessing.

Grace:

Sorry but guns are part of me. Always have been, always will be.
Each to his own,but tv seems to be such a waste.

Brigid;

I to loved my job. I would still do it today, but the government and state, and local parasites was to much to take.
A small cabin on my five acres is in the future, as well as my current travel plans. Debt free and cash for everything is the secret.
Have you read "Atlas Shrugged"? I assume you have. Your plans will become your reality.