Friday, July 24, 2009

Does this look like a garage?


Patience my ass-getter done.
Finally something is started. Sometimes when friends wish to do you a favor you should just say no thank you. For two months nothing had been done. OK you guys were busy, but you are getting PAID to do this job. So it's a small fill in job? You gave me the price quote, and I agreed so GETTER DONE!
Yesterday they arrived about 6pm with the wood and metal mesh for the form work. Dropped the material in the yard, and then said they had to go get their tools. WFT? Came back in an hour. Set up the form, and then decided no digging was necessary, but fill dirt was. Damn they do this for a living. Wouldn't you thunk they would have seen this when they gave the quote?
Fortunately I have a friend who responded at 8pm with the required fill dirt. Shit I'm now the project manager instead of the customer?
I have been promised the concrete will be poured Saturday. Perhaps as project manager I could have one of them buried in the concrete and save some material? Just kidding..not.
What I have experienced thus far seems to be common for Florida contractors. Seems to be a need for some good project managers to change this, perhaps a new job for me? Just kidding. August 12th is still the end of my working days.
See ya

2 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

It seems Florida and Alberta have some things in common. If you want it done right, you might have to do it yourself Tony.

Did it MY way said...

I'm pouring the concrete tomorrow. Saturday