Thursday, June 18, 2009

Life is good

How has this recession-depression--preparation-self sufficiency-climate change-total cluster f**k government control-high bullet prices-high gas prices-high food prices-crime increasing-and any other gloom and doom effected me?

Not in the least bit. I still have a roof over my head that does not leak, a comfortable bed to sleep in, and a full stomach. Life is good.

Since I have always been a pack rat, I have always had more of everything I needed by buying in quantity when ever possible. I also always use less than I have. Having lived for 68 years now I am totally debt free. No mortgage, no car payment, no credit card bills.

I have a years food supply on hand, a piece of junk land, a camper van for travel, and a condo for city living. Still trying to sell the condo. At today's prices I would lose around 38k from the purchase price. Don't care-remember money is only a means of exchange.

Right now I figure I could hold out for at least a year with no income at all. Life is good.

Why did the greed, and super high living have to destroy this great country? Will we recover? We had better-third world living will really suck. We did it before so folks the recovery had better start soon. Cash is king-credit used wisely is still a tool to improve your living standard. However the major rule to success and easy living: Ya can't spend more than you make-easy to say-really hard to do for the majority of the spoiled generation. Learn from your mistakes.

See ya

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

You are indeed blessed! My husband and I are working towards what you have but it will be a long road before we arrive. I've always wondered why everyone doesn't strive to reach the kind of security you have.
It must be a wonderful feeling to know that no matter what happens with the economy that you'll be fine.
Congratulations on a job well done!

Did it MY way said...

Sandcastle Momma;
It feels like you can walk on water.

Keep up the good work. I know you will arrive at the same place.

You and Island King are hard workers and great parents.

Failure is not an option.

hilljack33 said...

Life is indeed good. Those who have managed their money well are less likely to be troubled in these hard times. Using credit wisely is indeed a good tool.

Like you have little debt and have not felt this "recession/depression"
personally. I have learned from all the recessions I've been through that they come and go. In past ones I lost everything more than once. Then I got smart and learned to live below my means...

Life is now indeed good.