Sunday, May 3, 2009

When its time to die do you know?

I AM FREE

I am now free,
The restrictions placed upon me
By the confines of my physical limitations
Are of no concern.

Fight is swift, but effortless.
The joy cannot compare
to any I have ever known.I am free.

My soul was in trapped in a body,
Ageing constantly to the point of rage.

The soul now flies free
I see the light of the stars.The rush of the wind tingles,
Like a cold morning breeze.

To feel the love of those behind me,
The joy of those who have gone before.

There is peace as I finally see my God.
I will wait ,for in time you too will come.

The Light,The Joy,The Love
I AM NOW FREE


I lost my wife, and both parents in a three year period. With all of them I was able to say what needed to be said, and held their hands as they passed.

Yes a lot of grief for me, and a lot of relief for them. But they KNEW when it was time. Both my wife and dad died from diseases they had fought for years, so we were some what prepared, and knew they were going to die. But they seemed to know the day they were going to die. Both called the family together, did what was needed, and passed with-in days of the meeting. My mother called me to come see her, and when I arrived she held mine hand and said it was time to go meet dad. She just quit breathing, and died.

My wife made it to 60, my dad 84, and my mother to 87. Life is precious, but oh so short. Kiss a loved one today. They say time heals all wounds, but sometimes it takes a long time.

God Bless

4 comments:

YeOldFurt said...

The sorrow is for those of us left behind for we shall miss all the good things of the ones that have gone home.
YeOldFurt

HermitJim said...

Very good post, my friend! It touched me deeply...Thank you!

tsiya said...

You ain't leaving yet, we still have a fight to win!

Sandcastle Momma said...

There's something very comforting in the thought that you would know when it's time. Being able to have that last conversation and to say that last I Love You would surely make leaving your loved ones behind just a little easier.