Saturday, May 30, 2009

Time to getter done

Ever since my landlord filed for bankruptcy(November 20, 2008) I have been in limbo regarding my status as a tenant. I had already decided to quit working and just auction off the shop.

Where has the time gone? I guess I am just to damn lazy to getter done.

Well today I have decided to change that. One of my major concerns was my 1964 Corvette Convertible. I just can't part with it, and the cost for storage is out of the question. So what to do? Well my daughter has a very large lot. Sooo since she is so nice, and I love her very much I have deceived to build a 15' x 20' steel building in the back of her yard. The cost will be equal to one year of storage fees.

So calling on a few of my old customers I received enough work for the shop to cover the cost of the building. That's the reason I have been offline so long. Been working those 70 hour weeks again. Only this time it's for a good reason.

Also have had help from my son, and a few of his friends making progress to clean up the shop and get rid of stuff. They have hauled 400 pounds of scrap aluminum , and 700 pounds of scrap steel so far, and are about half done. So we are making progress. I love it when a plan comes together.

The first of June I'm calling my auctioneer and hopefully the shop will be gone by July 31. That's the target date to say see ya.

So Sunday we are all going to the range, and kill some paper targets.

See ya.

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

I'm so glad you didn't have to get rid of the 'vet! Wish I still had mine sometimes!

Nice of your daughter to let you build a cover for the vet and I'm sure that it will like it's new home.

Guess it won't be long for the shop now...then it's woods time!

Did it MY way said...

Hi Jim;
The vet problem was what was slowing me down. Even thought about moving the shop and keep working.Then I hit my forehead, and said I couda had a v-8.
Plus it adds value to my daughter's house.
The woods be calling my name.
Nice to see ya
Your new toy looks good.