Monday, April 27, 2009

I'll drive it until we have no gas.


My dad was a GM man all his life. I have been a GM owner ever since I was old enough to buy my own cars and trucks. I believe if every person who worked for GM would buy a GM product they would still be number one.
I've heard all the arguments-bad products,shitty service,foreign cars better, foreign cars cheaper, your right to choice. In the end when your job is gone tell me about all the bad shit GM did.
If you work for the company all of the above complaints is YOUR fault. It's your responsibility to build a quality product. One YOU can drive with pride. There is an old saying in the car business that says "The salesman sells the car-The service department sells all the rest"
I guess I just feel sad that GM may go away. My 1964 Corvette looks just as good as the day it was built, and has given me over 100,000 miles of trouble free service. My latest 2002 Silverado 1500 has 70,000 hard miles on it, and is going strong. My 2004 Chevy van camper only has 16,000 on it, and it did need an alternator right after the warranty expired. But then it sets a lot. I'll drive Chevies until I die, but I'll be sad if the only ones I can find are used.
See ya

4 comments:

HermitJim said...

Man, that picture brings back a LOT of memories...

I had a '63 vt with 2 tops, and a '65 vet. I wish often that I had the '63 bck again! Had some great times in that cfar!

It turned a lot of heads back in those days, believe me!

Did it MY way said...

Hi Jim;
Glad to share the memories.

I'm kind of sorry that the 73 is gone....but the land is worth more to me right now.

It still turns heads today.

Fred and Wilma said...

My dad also was a Chevy man. Didn't work for GM but always bought Chevy's.
I kinda followed in his foot steps. I worked at Chrysler's and bought their products. Now am the proud owner of a 2009 Chevy Malibu. It sits in the garage next to the 1998 Buick Century. Both are great cars...and yea...GM products are better than Chrysler's!
The only thing wrong with my Winnebago is that it sits on a Ford chassis. But than again,ITS ALL AMERICAN MADE!

Have a great day Tony.

tsiya said...

How do you like this?

http://www.repubx.com/post/ACORN-now-5-Billion24-richer-is-starting-to-record-the-GPS-Coordinates-of-every-front-door-in-America.aspx