Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tax the Sinners & they will continue to SIN

Cigarette tax? Naw Sinner tax. I am a Sinner-plain and simple. But wait a minute. I thought there was supposed to be a separation between church and state. Our government does not seem to agree. An easy way to add more money to the coffers is to find an item "The Sinners" will continue to use, and just add a tax, and even call it a sinner tax. They justify this by saying I should not smoke-it's bad for my health. What right do they have to tell me what is bad for my health?

They say smokers are a drain on the health care system. Could be, but I pay into the health system, and of yet have failed to use it. They say smokers die early-good look at the money they will not have to pay out in Social Security. So smokers save the government money.

So here in Florida starting April 1st cigarette's go up $1.00 per pack-$10.00 per carton. Since I smoke almost a pack a day I will escape this price increase by helping the government by spending money like they recommend. I just purchased 52 cartons. So for a year I escape the tax. By the years end my homestead should be growing my own.

Look out fast food folks-next could be a tax on fast food. He He

See Ya

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

Sounds like a workable plan to me, Tony! I am going to order my seeds from heirloom pretty soon so that I'll have them when I get to the country!