Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Decline Of Western Civilization

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand was published in 1957. That was the first time of many times I read the book. Next to the Bible this is the most read book. I would recommend this book highly to any person who has a mind and can think for themselves. It will sanction what every hard working man deserves.

This is a quote from the book:

“I work for nothing but my own profit—which I make by selling a product they need to men who are willing and able to buy it. . . . we deal as equals by mutual consent to mutual advantage and I am proud of every penny I have earned in this manner"

When the government decides to take my money without my consent and give it to an unequal who chooses not to earn it I have two choices: Submit to stealing or quit. I chose to quit. I now wonder how many business's did the same thing using bankruptcy as the method. When I hear my 40 year old son-in-law tell me he hates working because he is making his boss rich I just want to knock some sense into him. God what has this world come to? A fair days pay for a fair days work means nothing today. In this great country if you want to get rich that bad do it their way-open YOUR own business. His idea is to win the Power Ball. Government today, and my son-in-law's way of thinking will kill the greatest manufacturing country in the world.

During my three day mini vacation I gave some thought about how I could get some of my machines to the homestead. At least a mill and a lathe, and I could fix or make parts as needed. Damn I just can't leave it alone. The homestead is a retreat for survival, requiring just food, shelter, and water. With the understanding that less is more-blend in with nature-not stand out. Made by hand will be the new age. But I digress.

Read the book, and make your own conclusions. I need to get more seeds.

See Ya

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

Hey Tony...I don't know what we can do about changing the way our friends and family think. I have given up on my oldest...

I also rate Ann Rand's writings a some of my favorites.

Hand in there, Buddy!

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Hello there Tony. I don't know about you, but I sure don't see anything wrong with having some old friends (tools, machines), on the place. Alot of my tools can be classified as toys, to keep a man occupied. But thats just me though. Anyway, hope you had a good camp out.

Did it MY way said...

Great minds think alike Jim. Like I have said before would like to meet you one day.

Frugal Canadian Hermit:
A man can never have to many toys-just difficult to makes choices when downsizing.