Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Would love to rant-but

Every day I receive another "Change in Terms" from another one of my credit cards. I would love to write a book about how much I hate the b.st.rds, but that would just be a waste of my precious time I have left. Enough said I owe them nothing, and will keep it that way.

Called a few auctioneers, and sent some e mails. So that's started. Feels great to be in action for strictly myself for a change. I feel like a kid again. This is fun.

It feels great to own a piece of ground away from the city again. Feels like I am 26 again, when I bought two acres in West Branch Michigan. Took the family there every week end for 10 years.

The difference this time is that I plan to be totally off the grid. If I need it I must provide it. Electricity,solar,batteries,generator will provide the power. Have a friend who will drill the well, and that only leaves the septic to handle. Since my son owned a septic business for 10 years, and I built my own in Michigan should be no problem. I could use the old fashioned out house by myself, but if I invite company they may frown on that idea. Plan on Florida being my home base for the winters, and travel north in the summers.

It's amazing how new directions in your life can energize you so much you feel like a kid at Christmas. The freedom is the greatest. No amount of money can keep me in this rat race any more.

Damn-I have a lot to do. Better get started.

See Ya

5 comments:

HermitJim said...

Sounds really good to me, Tony! I'm proud for ya...!

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Amen to all of that big guy. I don't even know ya, (well I guess I kinda do) but I'm happier than hell for ya. I do hope the progress is all posted and pictured, guess it's up to you though, but I for one would like to see it. I might even sneakily steal some ideas off you. Good luck Tony.

HermitJim said...

Hey Tony...I have given you an award! You can see it at http://hermitjim.blogspot.com/2009/02/heythe-hermits-blog-got-award.html

Enjoy!

Did it MY way said...

Thanks Mark;
Looks like I need to buy a camera to track the progress. feel like I know you and Jim to. We share a lot of ideas.

Jim,
An award-I'm speechless. Thank You!

Robbyn said...

We're excited about your possibilities! Especially since you're coming down to Florida...our dreams are so similar to yours, but we haven't figured out the details quite yet of being off grid :)

Robbyn and Jack