Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Sunday

Ah the Sunday game. THE GAME-Superbowl-the end of the season. The last gladiator game. Down to the wire-Go teams. I don't watch a lot of TV, but must admit I do like football. I have only been to several live games, but this Sunday I'll be the couch potato for four hours. Setting in the recliner sucking down Pepsi's, and eating junk food like all the rest of the die hard fans for this game. I wonder how many fans will be late for work Monday morning?

On a serious side I wonder how many fans would be willing to drop a dollar in a bucket as they filed into the stadium to feed the homeless. Did anybody ever think of this? What does a beer cost at the game? $4-5? In this great country why are there homeless people? When I see one I think could this possibly be me? What makes me different? How did they get there? How do they get out? I don't have any answers-that bothers me. I did not see this in the 50's. Neighbors helped neighbors, family took in family in need. Why did this change? Again no answers-that bothers me.

I'm prepared for the worst, and hope for the best. Now that all the money grubbers have taken all the money perhaps people will wake up and take our country back. Perhaps people will learn from this experience and go forward. Perhaps?

See ya

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

Sounds like some very valid points to me. Family values have certainly changed since I was a kid...

Enjoy the game, my friend!