Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sometimes it's hard work to feed yourself

After at least a million casts (felt like it anyway), a keeper red fish was in the cooler. A dozen fish of several varieties was caught but only one legal keeper was kept. That will provide my dinner for a day. I never have poached, and unless the world as we know it falls apart in my life time I never will. I have seen the decline in our fishery for the past 40 years plus, and due to our over-population I don't see a recovery. I know I can always catch fish with a net, trap, or live bait. I prefer the challenge of using artificial bait.

I found a rancher who has grass feed beef. So the next time he is ready to sell I'll have the treat of butchering my years supply of meat. I wonder how many people thinks theirs come from the super market?

Canned goods are good for a year, rice and red beans in good supply, as flour and butter. Damn a man by himself is easy to care for.

As every man knows a pick up truck is a necessity.

See ya

3 comments:

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Interesting. Sounds like you've got it all figured out. I'll be sure to check back later.

HermitJim said...

A man by himself never has to argue about what's for dinner...and when to eat it.

Ahhh...the simple life.

Robbyn said...

You're definately a kindred spirit...sound like my husband and what we're doing getting out from under any obligations (paying off debt!) and freeing ourselves to be totally independent. Yay, you!!