Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Is a new car worth 40 months of your life?

Odd question? A friend of mine has a desire for a new car. Since the average car sells for around $20,000.00(guesstimate), and he plans of paying $500.00 a month that seems to be 40 months to pay for the car. Not counting taxes,title, insurance etc. How much time working will he take to pay for the car? That time is lost to do anything else. We all have a "life" time from the day we are born. So many hours, days, years. Most of us spend the grater portion or that time working to buy "stuff". Granted everybody needs food, shelter, cloths. The basics. Everything else is a "want". If you take those wants and instead of giving them a dollar figure try giving them a time figure. You make $10.00 an hour(and remember that's gross), and that CD costs $10.00 you just gave up one hour of your life for that CD. So remember TIME is worth more than money. How you choose to use it is up to you.

See ya

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

Several years ago, I decided that my time was more important to me than more salary...I stopped working overtime, started taking my days off back to back, and in general spent my last days in the retail circus making sure that I took any time off that was offered.

Time is the one thing that none of us can replace, renew, or recapture.

Good post!